Old 01-11-2004, 05:53 PM
Hound Dog

"Stephen M. Henning" wrote in message
news
"Hound Dog" wrote:

Seems strange that we are poisoning our lands and waters so terribly, but
yet life expectancy keeps extending every year.

But life expectancy is not quality of life.

There are more and more people being born and living to old age each year.
Life expectancy and the quality of life have never been higher or better.

* Health costs keep going up. We have more sick people.

We have more people in general plus many people living to an old age
therefore the cost of living in all area keeps going up, not just in health
care.

* Cancer rates keep going up.

Again the population and the age of the population keeps going up by leaps
and bounds. More and more cancers are being prevented and/or treated
successfully and cured.

* Diabetes rates keep going up.

Diet and the lack of exercise are the main causes of most cases of diabete,
at least type II.

* Heart disease keeps affecting more people.

Again most heart diseases are caused by diet and life style. Plus the
population is living to an older age.

* New diseases are emerging every year.

And more diseases are being prevented and cured all the time. Many of these
new diseases are coming from third world countries that use no or very
little chemicals.

* New nursing homes are being built each year.

Because the population is living longer,

* Medicare expenses are increasing each year.

Has nothing to do with the subject.

* More people are being rescued from death by our health care system.

Again, this has nothing to do with the subject at hand.

Imagine how long life expectancy would be if we had today's health care
system, today's wide variety of healthy foods, and clean air and clean
water.

Most of our "healthy foods" are available because of the chemicals used by
farmers.

Want to live a long and healthy life. Eat right, don't smoke and exercise
regularly. At least that is the advice your doctor will give you.

We don't own the earth, we just use it a while and pass it on to our
children and grandchildren.

No, we don't own the earth, but we do live on it much longer than our
ancestors did and we are much healther and better fed than they were.