Old 01-11-2004, 06:38 PM
Doug Kanter

"Hound Dog" wrote in message

In any case where in the U.S.A. do we have a significant lack of potable
water?

You may want to revise your definition to include "water you'd really rather
not drink", rather than just "undrinkable". Example: Lake Ontario has
contamination warnings for virtually all the fish species living in it. But,
the same lake is the source of drinking water for quite a few cities in NY
and Ontario. Scientists like to say that it's OK to drink it because we're
not bathed in it constantly like the fish. But, what's the result of
drinking it for 30-40 years? Nobody knows.