Old 01-11-2004, 07:00 PM
Chelsea Christenson

bandu wrote:
I am looking at a house to buy which has one third of its half acre
backyard
covered in aboout 40 or so tall pine trees. As you can guessed
backyard looks quite neglected and I guess thats because its difficult
to grow anything there.
Should I buy this property. How about spending on removing some of
those trees.

I vote no. You have a large backyard which you don't like the looks of.
You'll have to spend a lot of money altering it -- not just for
removing the trees, but for renovating the "neglect" and making it look
the way you think it should. Buy a house where you can work with the
existing landscape, not against it.