Old 01-11-2004, 04:58 PM
rtk

If I don't see the message without scrolling, I skip it. Sometimes it's
appropriate to top, sometimes bottom, occasionally in the middle. There
are enough rules in the world without adding them at random.

rtk

Nedra wrote:
The irritating thing about NOT top posting is that this is supposed to be a
conversation. I know of no one in a conversation who repeats the people
who've just spoken ... that is idiotic.... to me at least.
I hit delete if the person has not had presence of mind
to edit the previous speakers..... even then Bottom Posting is an irritant -
I don't give a hoot what usenet says.

Nedrda in Missouri

"Stephen M. Henning" wrote in message
news
Crashj wrote:

A: Because it is the opposite of how a conversation is scripted.
Q: Why is top posting so annoying?

A: Top posting.

There is only one thing worse than top posting; that is not editing the
quoted material left before bottom posting. Usually a person is
responding to a single or couple points and only those points need be
left and then they can be carefully edited.

If the response does not appear in the window without scrolling, then
hit delete. Simple.