Old 02-11-2004, 12:26 AM
John Savage

I wrote:
I'm not so sure about this being the wrong time of year. My Mum has been
growing strawberries for over 20 years, and has them fruiting throughout
the Summer, near Brisbane. There is a secret formula she applies when
their fruiting vigour slumps half-way through the season, I'll try to
prise it out of her and post here.

[The thumbscrews are beginning to produce results]

To induce vigorous FLOWERING of the strawberries, apply sulfate of
potash, I'm told.

Once you have berries set and maturing, to increase the SIZE of the
individual berries water on a solution of urea like I described.

For concentrations, be guided by the directions on the pack.