Old 02-11-2004, 12:35 AM
Ross Vandegrift

On 2004-11-01, kush wrote:
CRITTERS - - -
3 German Rams (juveniles, just over 1")
11 Harlequin Rasbora
2 Kribensis (about 2")
15 Ottos
4 Corydora ( 1")
20 Cardina Japonica (more or less)

Eeeeek! I'd hold off on adding anything else until you see this tank
cycle. I suspect you're going to see a lot of bad ammonia effects.
This is definitely overstocked for a tank that hasn't cycled yet. If
you have another community tank to put some of these fishes into, I'd
recommend that. The other poster has explained well what happened.

As far as your murky water - when I started my high-tech tanks, I just
added a few fish to cycle as normally is done, but also added all the
planting stuff. My water would always have some bacteria blooms and
couldiness as the tank adjusts to the bio-load and how much the plants
consume. Don't worry about this - it'll clear up in a month or so. A
biowheel, handful of gravel, or filter cartridge from an established
tank will help you out and speed up the water clearing up.

--
Ross Vandegrift

man in the bonds of Hell."