Old 02-11-2004, 01:29 AM
Doug Kanter

What do you mean by "just fine"? It burned?

"starlord" wrote in message
aged pine make fine firewood, I helped cut up a falled pine tree once and
the wood was stacked and aged and the next year the people used it in

their
fireplace just fine.

--

The Forgotten
http://home.inreach.com/starlord/forgotten.htm

SIAR
http://starlords.netfirms.com
Telescope Buyers FAQ
http://home.inreach.com/starlord
Bishop's Car Fund
http://www.bishopcarfund.netfirms.com/

"Frank Logullo" wrote in message
.. .

"bandu" wrote in message
om...
I am looking at a house to buy which has one third of its half acre
backyard
covered in aboout 40 or so tall pine trees. As you can guessed
backyard looks quite neglected and I guess thats because its difficult
to grow anything there.
Should I buy this property. How about spending on removing some of
those trees.

I have a friend in Myrtle Beach that is having several tall pines

removed.
Storms have him worried because trees can break in half and top come
spearing through your roof. Think he's paying $3 or $6 thousand to have
done. While trees are big, they are tough to harvest, i.e. have to be

cut
in sections, and are not worth the lumber value. Pine is also no good

as
firewood.
Frank

---