Old 02-11-2004, 12:12 AM
Nedra

Yeaaaaa for Fireball!!! There I voted.

Nedra

wrote in message news:418696a2$1@padme....
Why don't you both move this trivial ping pong 'conversation' to a

newsgroup
on the topic of news groups? You case then chase your own tails to your
hearts content and talk about nothing all day. To read 200 posts you must
either have a huge range of hobbies or be a professional news group

reader.
Do either of you actually have a pond? - Don't answer that, we don't want
to know, we are all bored to death.

Stick to ponds, fish, building ponds, etc, not the damn style.

And as for some of the threads I have seen here about damn elections,

rape,
and I don't know what!!!! Give us break!

Fireball.

"Derek Broughton" wrote in message
Stephen M. Henning wrote:

The majority of Usenet-users prefer bottom-posting. In addition to

afaik, the majority of Usenet users prefer to read _inline_ posting.
Unfortunately, many of them aren't interested in taking the time,

either.

Bottom-posting is proper Usenet Etiquette. Check out the following URL:

http://www.faqs.org/rfcs/rfc1855.html

rfc1855 says _nothing_ about bottom posting. The word "bottom" doesn't
even
appear. Of course, the RFC itself says nothing directly about top

posting
either, though it does say "be sure you summarize the original at the

top
of the message, or include just enough text of the original to give a
context".

The biggest problem with top-, inline- or bottom- posting or is the

people
who insist on changing the style in the middle of a thread.
--
derek