Old 02-11-2004, 03:44 AM
Crashj

On or about Mon, 1 Nov 2004 19:58:39 -0000,
wrote something like:

Why don't you both move this trivial ping pong 'conversation' to a newsgroup
on the topic of news groups?

Because it is an issue within this group. Usenet has long ago resolved
the issue. As new people come on board the problem crops up.

Language is not trivial. We are talking about the language and format
we use in RP. This convention gets worked out in most usenet groups
after a while. Topposting marks you as a newbie or worse in most of
the rest of usenet.

OTOH, occasional errors are not a reason to flame anyone. If a group
has not resolved the issue, you just go with the flow. I put up with
it here because there is good information from the regulars and old
hats.

Few threads in this group go past a dozen or so posts, so conversation
confusion is not usually a problem here. If you should wander off to
some other groups you may find yourself the subject of endless torment
and plonking. Your top posts will be unreadable to regular users and
you will find yourself excluded.

We are nicer here. Well, I try to be, since I am still using Free
Agent. For now.
--
Crashj