Old 02-11-2004, 09:25 AM
Victoria Clare

Pam Moore wrote in
:

On Tue, 2 Nov 2004 07:17:48 -0000, "Martin Sykes"
wrote:

Apparently blueberries need a partner for pollination or you won't get
any berries.

I only have one plant!

Yes, mine is supposedly a self fertile variety. The problem isn't that
it's not setting fruit: it's that it is barely blooming at all and
generally looks a bit manky.

I will change the compost (though if it's that I'm annoyed as it was
planted into a new bag of ericacious when I got it!) try some sequestrene
and a foliar feed next year.

Does the aspect sound about right? I wondered if it needed more sunlight
(it's mostly in indirect light bouncing back off our house wall).

Victoria
--
gardening on a north-facing hill
in South-East Cornwall