Old 02-11-2004, 02:31 PM
FACE

On Mon, 1 Nov 2004 22:16:38 -0800, "Hound Dog" in
rec.gardens wrote:

A large leaf rake seems like a better choice.
Or, if you don't mind the noise and smell, a leaf blower-vac might be a
better choice than a lawn sweeper.

I have rakes and blowers. The strange thing is, the tried and true rake is
sometimes better for a job. I really feel this is one of those things missed
by many who I see doggedly continuing to use a blower against a pile when a
largish rake would move that pile much quicker -- and no, you do not plug a
rake in or fill up a gas tank. :-)

My favorite rake is hard plastic (as in Rubbermaid) and has a 30" sweep, but
there are times and places where a smaller sweep with flexible metal tines
is actually better -- like between close plantings.

OF COURSE many factors affect what to use.

FACE