Old 31-10-2004, 06:55 AM
Katra

In article ,
(rile) wrote:

This was the worst year I've ever had growing tomatoes. By the middle
of August most of the plants had died. I'm assuming it was some type
of blight that might have gotten them as well as several other things.
I know that I should rotate where in the garden I raise tomatoes but
am wondering if anyone does anything special to their gardens over the
winter time? Mine is already cleaned out and tilled. The only thing
I tend to do over the winter is put leaves on it and then till them
under in the spring.

I had the same problem... and I suspect it was all the rain.

I recently purchased an "old" sweet 100's that was grown in a greenhouse
at a local nursery and was rather large, but unhappy being in a 4" pot
for several months! lol (It was a spring leftover)

it has since had a growth explosion in my main garden bed after I pulled
up all the other vines. It looks very happy and is producing....

Since this one survived the summer being grown indoors and we had an
unusually high summer rainfall, that may very well have been it!

K.

--
Sprout the Mung Bean to reply...