Old 02-11-2004, 01:14 PM
Martin Brown

In message , Alan Gould
writes
In article , Franz Heymann notfranz.
writes
I, too, am rather surprised to hear that Joan is actually donsenting
to eating Warfarin. That puts orders of magnidude more rat poison
into her than she will ingest in a lifetime of eating non-organic
vegetables. How ironic. (I, too, eat Warfarin. I also enjoy
non-organic veggies as well as organic veggies)

Warfarin was prescribed along with other medication to Joan by her
doctor for a blood disorder. She has been taking it for several years
now and regular clinical tests show that it is of benefit to her.

It will be. But if you are prepared to ingest toxic synthetic chemicals
for their beneficial effects in humans why do you have such an
irrational fear of all synthetic chemicals that are used in agriculture?

Some synthetic chemicals *are* bad, but by no means all of them.

And some of the synthetic chemicals banned by the Soil Association are
environmentally benign. They are banned only to have a simple marketing
message to con the worried well into overpaying for the Organic(TM)
brand.

I was not aware that non-organic vegetables contain rat poison, thanks
for the warning.

Most of the legume family synthesise things intended to seriously damage
rodent reproduction - the soya bean is extremely potent. Quite amazing
that they are safe for humans to eat. Many other plants have seriously
toxic seeds. Several in my greenhouse provide natural rodent bait.

Regards,
--
Martin Brown