Old 02-11-2004, 01:55 PM
Kay

In article , Martin Sykes
writes
"Don" wrote in message
.. .
I have just bought myself a 6 x 8 Elite Craftsman greenhouse which,
after something of a struggle, I have now finished erecting.
There is no provision for locking the door or fixing a padlock, though I
believe Elite do sell such a thing.
What sort of security do amateur gardeners usually install in or on
their greenhouses?

Don

What's the point? Anyone who wanted to steal something could just smash a
pane of glass or two and grab what they wanted.

The noise of smashing glass might attract attention. Having to smash
glass rather than just walk in may well be enough to deter the casual
thief.

After all, if you follow that argument, why bother with window locks?
;-)

--
Kay