Old 02-11-2004, 03:12 PM
Doug Kanter

"Volfie" wrote in message
Last night I found a dozen HUGE mum plants in pots, bagged and waiting for
the garbage man to come pick them up. Some of them look very brown and

dead
but a few of them still show signs of greenery (although not *much*). I
was wondering if I should take a chance and replant them all in my garden
and hope for a spring revival? Is it possible that even the ones that

look
very brown might come back with the new season or is that just wishful
thinking?

BTW, whoever threw these out, threw them out in decorative pots, too. I
wish I could meet these people BEFORE they actually toss the plants. I

love
getting free garden plants.

Giselle

You can take their pulse, but you have to do it with your ear lobe, and that
can be tricky. I'd just plant them and see what happens in the spring.
They're pretty amazing plants. Who knows?