Old 02-11-2004, 04:32 PM
Troy Bruder

Here's what I discovered...

1. My light was definately shot... The new bulb was an immediate
improvement in the quality of light.. It was also nice to see my plants
"pearling" once again with two hours of the new bulb being installed.
Lesson learned, 11 month replacement cycle for PC bulbs!

2. When I refilled my CO2 tank 3 weeks ago, I NEVER TURNED IT ON!!! Ugh...

So between my light spectrum issues, and the fact that I haven't have
pressured CO2 in almost a month, probably has led to the massive imbalance
within my tank...

I'm willing to bet it returns to "normal" within a week or two now!

Troy

"blank" wrote in message

You might try buying a timer so your lights can go off for a few hours
during the day. This helps stop algae from growing. So I was told in the
newsgroups and lo and behold, it works. The algae in my tank is nearly
gone---it has taken about six weeks, but the difference is amazing.

"Troy Bruder" wrote in message
I have significantly reduced feedings... My current light (10k pc) is
almost 12 months old... I figured it would last 18 months, but maybe

that's
it. Thanks for the heads up.. Until I replace it, maybe I'll try
massive
water changes every other day..

Troy

"Limnophile" wrote in message
Have you tried reducing feedings? Or changing the lighting?

"Troy Bruder" wrote in message
Anyone got any good remedies for black slime algae covering everything

in
my tank?? I keep cleaning it out, and doing massive water changes,
but
it still keeps growing!! Arrrgghh!

Heavily planted tank
CO2 injection