Old 02-11-2004, 06:18 PM

See blackout method, this will help your plants and take less time, is
certainly the cheapest method and the easiest, fastest etc.

I've read lots of comments that the blackout approach has little or no
effect on cyanobacteria, since they aren't dependent on light like
conventional algae.

Thiose comments are patently incorrect. Nothing personal, but they
are.
It's that simple.

Anyone that does what I suggest(not their own modified version) on BGA
will agree. BGA are(the species we deal with), as are all
algae/plants, totally dependent on light.

Lots of comments that Blackout does not work?
Name one that has done the method I suggested in honesty, and it has
not worked?
Even one?

I've never read one yet. I do get many folks saying it did work on
BGA.
"Thanks! It's 100% Clear and clean! yada yada........."

Everytime.

Some one will say BBA and blackouts don't work, yea, I agree. But it's
100% effective on BGA which is the only real use for this method.

My question to you is have you tried it?
If you do, then you'll know.

I believe my root causes are that I overfeed (which I'm correcting) and
that the tank is now so overrun with BGA that moderately drastic
measures are needed to bring it under control.

It's not due to over feeding.

I've already started treating with Myacin. If the five day cycle
doesn't have any effect, I'll give your instructions a whirl.

Antibiotics do work, my point is not that Myacin does or does not
work, I just offers a better method that takes 3 days and is 100% free
and addresses the long term problem that you have.

Anyone can do it.
You can solve your BGa with that, or Blackout, but anyone that claims
the 3 day blackout I suggest does not work is frankly full of crap.

I've helped countless folks cure their algal issues for the last
decade. Check the APD, APC and other forums.
See this month's TAG, ask around.

Regards,
Tom Barr