Old 02-11-2004, 05:58 PM

What a good idea.
Fireball

"southernbc" wrote in message
news:ZsNhd.53860$df2.53496@edtnps89...
I built a hoop house this year over my pond in BC. With our snow load I
decided to run the hoops in a continuous arch uncut and support the center
on a ridge beam. I also hung a 100 watt light inside turned on all the
time to generate a little heat. Our nights have been running about 14
degrees farenheight but the heat inside the shelter has not yet dropped
more than 1 degree below freezing. I do not have any pictures as yet, but
this system is better suited to areas with a snow load than what I have
seen in the pictures on J.D. Stones website. (although they look great)
http://www.boundary-ca.net
Don Mann - Greenwood BC

W Dale wrote:
WOW. Very nice! I have been wanting to cover my pond during the winter
months here in Colorado Springs. This just might be the way to go.
Simple, easy to assemble.
Thanks for sharing!
W. Dale

J.D. Stone wrote:

Thought I'd provide a link to some pics of the hoop houses I am trying
out this year based on ideas from others in the past. Still need to work
on what to do with the corners (edges? whatevers?).

http://www2.itexas.net/jdstone/hoops.htm