Old 02-11-2004, 09:33 PM
RainLover

On Tue, 2 Nov 2004 19:01:40 -0000,
wrote:

None of you get it do you??

TALK FISH. or talk somewhere else. Transfer your inane ping pong to
alt.geek. I just looked to see if it really exists and it does. You will
frighten people away with you incessant moaning. Get a life. Nobody
interested in various answers to fishy questions will care where people
reply, and I think photos help and should be included in the post where it
helps - by all means compress the pix as I did to make them small - that
will help.

Go away and grow up.

Fireball

"Stephen M. Henning" wrote in message
news
Derek Broughton wrote:

rfc1855 says _nothing_ about bottom posting. The word "bottom" doesn't
even
appear. Of course, the RFC itself says nothing directly about top
posting
either, though it does say "be sure you summarize the original at the top
of the message, or include just enough text of the original to give a
context".

"be sure you summarize the original at the top of the message" is the
essence of bottom posting.

This is to Fireball. LOOK WHOSE MOANING?

There are MANY reasons for not top posting. First and foremost, if
someone joins a conversation late, they may need to re-read all of the
impossible to do by the time there are 4 or 5 messages in a thread.

Pointing out in a thread titled "top posting" a message about top
posting is perfectly fine. If you only want to read about "fishies"
just read those threads.

Your moaning and whining and telling others to grow up says more about
YOU than it does convince others not to point out netiquette
(netiquette means etiquette for how to post on the internet and
newsgroups).

James, Seattle