Old 02-11-2004, 05:51 PM
Don

On Tue, 2 Nov 2004 16:19:45 GMT, Janet Baraclough..
wrote:

The message
from Don contains these words:

I was thinking more on the lines of grandchildren or neighbours children
pinching my tomatoes etc than any smash & grab merchants. I think I'll
just ensure that I grow enough stuff for us all :-) Thank you.

I'd just put the GH strictly off-limits to unsupervised-child
visitors. Tell their parents it's for the safety of Precious; and let
them picture their kids tasting deadly potions, falling onto dagger
shards of horticultural glass, or drowning in the water butt.

Janet.

Good idea! I'd best not mention that I fitted 3mm toughened glass.
Mind you, all this is in anticipation of me growing something edible,
which is in no way guaranteed, this being my first attempt. Up until now
my gardening experience has been limited to cutting hedges and mowing
lawns (occasionally).

Don.