Old 02-11-2004, 06:09 PM
Martin Brown

In message , Victoria
Clare writes

Yes, mine is supposedly a self fertile variety. The problem isn't that
it's not setting fruit: it's that it is barely blooming at all and
generally looks a bit manky.

I wouldn't trust the claims of self-fertile. All the ones I have ever
grown crop much better when grown together with another named variety.

Does the aspect sound about right? I wondered if it needed more sunlight
(it's mostly in indirect light bouncing back off our house wall).

Mine get almost full sun on a SW facing aspect and thrive on it. The
last few leaves are just dropping off now. The stems are a pleasing
shade of red.

Regards,
--
Martin Brown