Old 02-11-2004, 11:34 PM
Gene C

"Hound Dog" wrote in message ...
"Gene C" wrote in message
m...
Does anyone have any experience with using lawn sweepers to pick up
leaves? Any suggestions on using them? Do they work when the leaves
are wet? Do the 14 cubic feet bins get filled to fast?

Thanks in advance?

We bought a lawn sweeper two years ago. I don't like it at all.

For it to work the yard needs to be very flat and level.
There can not be very much debris to be picked up.
Takes a great deal of strength to push across the yard.

A large leaf rake seems like a better choice.
Or, if you don't mind the noise and smell, a leaf blower-vac might be a
better choice than a lawn sweeper.

How about this? I assume that the lawn sweepers have a "trap-door" in
the back? I attach a large tarp to drag directly behind the lawn
sweeper. Then as I drive the lawn tractor, pulling the lawn sweeper
and the tarp. The lawn sweeper picks up the leaves, puts them into
the bag but then as they get pushed, they get pushed out onto the
tarp.

Does anyone see why that would not work?