Old 03-11-2004, 12:54 AM
Pam - gardengal

"Tony" wrote in message
om...
We live in the wet PNW. Is there a grass like St. Augustine that will
crowd out weeds that does well in a wet area?

Wet area like a bog or wet area just because it's the PNW with a reputation
for rain and damp? If it's the first, there are no turf grasses that will
grow in a perpetually wet spot - you will need bog plants for this purpose.
If it's the second, most nurseries in the area carry blends of lawn grass
seeds that are recommended for the PNW. These are cool season grasses that
thrive in our climate, which is not nearly as wet as most folks think. Any
lawn that is healthy and well prepared ( good soil, drainage, proper seed
bed) and properly maintained (frequent light mowings, periodic deep
waterings and moderate fertilization) will be extremely able to crowd out
weeds.

pam - gardengal