Old 03-11-2004, 05:02 AM
Twiggy

On 10/10/04 3:09 AM, in article
, "Sacha"
wrote:

On 9/10/04 23:36, in article , "Vera
Coulter" wrote:

Can anyone please advise me how to get rid of the tiny white fly which
has ruined my plants in the greenhouse and is also on many of my plants in
the garden.It is almost like snow,I have so much of it ! I have tried using
a spray but it does not work.

I am concerned about housing my potted plants mostly fuchies,in the
greenhouse for the winter,because the white fly might still be around in
the spring to ruin everything.( their eggs )
I have never had white fly in my garden before this year.

Take a look at this site, Vera.
http://www.greengardener.co.uk/softsoap.htm
And there are others on the subject of biological control.
We use it here and get our Encarsia from a commercial source and I can
assure you that it works. There are two important points - stick rigidly to
the routine and hold your nerve! Don't be tempted to spray with chemicals
once you start a biological routine because you will kill your 'good'
predators and have wasted both time and money.

The site did say not to use it (the Spray) on fuchsias or begonias...Vera
has fuchsias...now what?
Twiggy