Old 03-11-2004, 05:13 AM
Twiggy

On 10/10/04 6:24 AM, in article
, "undergroundbob"
wrote:

Well, fertiziler granules crossed my mind too, but I filled the pots
myself last year with plain B&Q compost, no granules included. Also,
they seem to be mostly at the bottom of the pots, as though something
had snuck in through the drainage hole. Besides, fertilizer granules
just turn to powder if you crush them, whereas these things contain a
gooey gritty substance. Help! These eggs are taking over my mind!

I know what you mean about 'slow release' though - went to give the
roses a winter feed and found last years' granules still hanging
about!

Bob

Slugs have round eggs...they could be called yellow but I would call the
ones I have seen beige. I have never crushed one (in my fingers) so I am not
certain what would be inside. Gooey would seem to be an expected
description...
How big were these 'yellow eggs'? Slug eggs can be various sizes. The ones I
have seen all appear translucent. Are your eggs translucent?
Twiggy