Old 03-11-2004, 10:51 AM
Happy'Cam'per

"Eric Schreiber" eric at ericschreiber dot com wrote in message

I appreciate your strong opinion, but I find equally strong opinions in
the other direction. The Krib has discussions on the subject, and I
found numerous mentions via Google as well.

How old is that info on the Krib, and how qualified were those ppl making
the statements?

BGA are not plants, they are bacteria. Though photosynthesis is the
preferred mode of nutrition, it is not the only method. (Palinska,
Katarzyna A; Horgan, William J and Krumbein, Wolfgang, E (May 2002)
Cyanobacteria. In: Nature Encyclopedia of Life Sciences. London: Nature
Publishing Group.

The bacteria have a symbiotic relationship with the photosynthesising
systems, if one shuts down, gradually they will die, they cannot function
properly without each other.

Ok, thanks, but I'm REALLY not interested in a holy war. You've clearly
got a lot of emotional investment in the subject, and I'm afraid I
really don't care enough to get into a protracted discussion over it.

Oh Come on Eric, I think its my turn this time to tell you to get a thicker
skin. Tom is offering you perfectly fine advice and you're throwing it back
in his face, he offered to help you out and then you get defensive!!! Use
those antibiotics of yours and I'll bet in 30 days time it'll be back again,
really, I've been through this myself. You also run the risk of openeing up
your fish to parasites who will be keen on taking advantage of the fish's
weakened immune system, antiB's will affect the fish's slime coat and
possibly nuke your filter. Be careful. Be sure to let us know how it goes.
--
**So long, and thanks for all the thick skin!**