Old 03-11-2004, 12:00 PM
Happy'Cam'per

"Scott" wrote in message
news
I only recently got rid of the blue green algae in my aquarium, after a

year
of it growing inch's in size every day. I tried blacking the aquarium out
five or six times. each time the blue green algae disappeared after three

or
four days, but a week or two later it always returned. I put that down to
not doing them for long enough but I even tried a six day blackout, and a
four day blackout followed by a three day blackout, two days later. and I
wrapped my tank up in tin foil, towels, sleeping bags, and all sorts to

keep
the light out.

I finally got rid of it a month ago by using Maracyn. it seems to be gone
for good this time. from what I can tell from my experiences with blue

green
algae it doesn't matter what the water parameters it will still have

enough
nutrients to be able to grow. it seems to be more to do with bad luck than
anything else, if you get it in your tank.

Well the blackout worked for me!!!!!!!!!!
You must have that same tenacious new species of Cyano that Eric has... :-)
--
**So long, and thanks for all the fish!**