Old 03-11-2004, 01:41 PM
Stephen M. Henning

(Gene C) wrote:

How about this? I assume that the lawn sweepers have a "trap-door" in
the back? I attach a large tarp to drag directly behind the lawn
sweeper. Then as I drive the lawn tractor, pulling the lawn sweeper
and the tarp. The lawn sweeper picks up the leaves, puts them into
the bag but then as they get pushed, they get pushed out onto the
tarp.

Does anyone see why that would not work?

Yes, no trap door. Wrong assumption.

I have two lawn sweepers and they both work the same way. You pull a
rope and the back of the sweeper raises up in the air like a giant clam
shell, dumping the contents under the sweeper. However, what you could
do is remove the back and have the sweeper just toss the leaves on your
tarp. Every time a gust of wind came along or when you turned a corner
the leaves would all leave.