Old 03-11-2004, 08:37 AM
Elie Gendloff

On Tue, 02 Nov 2004 02:09:08 -0600, Archimedes Plutonium
wrote:

Monique Reed wrote:

Archimedes Plutonium wrote:

Viruses do not pose a challenge because they are thought of as transposons
or mobile genes and belong to the same genome which they parasitize.

So is West Nile virus a bird, a horse, a human, or...?

M. Reed

The nice and awful thing about biology is that there are never any absolutes.
There is always fuzziness and haze at the edges. In physics we talk of
probability density that a particle is 90% in this region. In biology as soon
as you give a definition there are things that crop up that call the definition
into question.

In answer to your question, a virus that attacks humans is part of the human
genome. A virus is a highly ordered transposon. A virus that attacks humans and
placed into a petri dish is no more a living entity than cutting off a piece of
human skin and placed in a petri dish is a living entity.

So the West Nile virus is not a living organism but a debris particle of birds,
of horses and of humans. Bacteria is a living organism. Viruses are not.

So a complete genome of humans would include the viral transposon of West Nile.
The complete genome of birds would include the West Nile viral transposon.

Viruses are biological hazards and they are not living organisms.

What this Quantum Duality of Biology theory wants to show is that if a entity
is living means it has a dual species. All bacteria have dual species and thus
are living. Viruses do not have dual species and thus are not alive.
###
On second thought I may have the above all turned around. Perhaps retroviruses
live on other viruses.

In this view viruses have dual partners. If that is the case then the first
life on Earth from a stopped neutrino was viruses of all kinds and they just
floated around until they found something to "eat". Once they ate something
they multiplied and changed into other forms.

Thanks, for maybe the first life on Earth were viruses and that stopped
neutrinos even today could transform into brand new viruses that Earth has
never before seen.

So the question I have is whether those Rockeaters have viruses that attack
them?

Anyone know that answer?

P.S. I thought the wine I drank tonight in celebration would affect my thinking
adversely and obviously it has done the opposite in facilitating.

Archimedes Plutonium
www.iw.net/~a_plutonium
of the electron-dot-cloud are galaxies

Sorry, I don't buy it. Your theory is just a bunch of hand waving.
You have to keep rationalizing that viruses are this and bacteria are
that just to try to keep your theory together.
There is no experiment that you can do to test your theory, and you
cannot make any predictions based on the theory, so it is useless and
it is not even reallly a scientific theory, since it is untestable.
Darwinism has always been consistent with experimental data, and all
of the millions of tests of Darwinism have supported the theory.
Darwinism can be used to predict what the results of an experiment
will be, so it is useful. It also is logical and is the simplest
solution given the data at hand (i.e., it satisfies Occom's razor).