Old 03-11-2004, 08:36 PM
Eric Schreiber

Margolis wrote:

yup, I have seen numerous posters saying the same thing in various
plant forums and also in this newsgroup as I have been lurking.
Blackout had no affects at all. But some people just can't seem to
believe that just because something seemed to work for them does not
mean it is written in stone and works all the time.

I suspect that part of the problem is the many kinds of cyanobacteria
that exist. Happy Camper alluded to "The type of Cyano that infects OUR
fish tanks", and I have no doubt that he's right for a particular
common species. I don't think it's at all a stretch, though, to
consider that there might be other species with different nutrient
needs affecting fresh water aquaria.

--
Eric Schreiber
www.ericschreiber.com