Old 03-11-2004, 10:24 PM
profpam

Flasks, tubes, jars, plastic containers, canning vessels, etc. are all work in
pretty much the same way. The only difference is the shape and amount of
light that is allowed for the seed to develop into a protocorm. In absence of
light the plants in the container will develop phototropism, bending and
twisting to account for the lack of light.

Although we have a few different species in flask available at nominal cost,
there are many other flaskers out there, including Mick and Aaron with a much
better selection.

.. . . Pam
Everything Orchid Management System http://www.pe.net/~profpam/page3.html
Flasks and more . . . http://www.pe.net/~profpam/flask.html

Gramma wrote:

"janet_a" wrote in message
om...
"Gramma" wrote in message

Can someone please explain just what is meant by 'flask' Is this the

same as
buying other plants in tubes??

I'm slowly being sucked in by all this growing things and life will

never be
the same

Gramma

no! no! run away while you still can!! ;-)

It might just be too late, although I will be happy to hand the reins back
when hubby comes home and get back to just painting them

Gramma