Old 03-11-2004, 06:36 PM
Kay

In article , Sacha
writes
On 3/11/04 17:25, in article ,
"Janet Baraclough.." wrote:

Can either of you say if the recipients' addresses were harvested from
your addressbooks, (or were definitely not in your addressbooks)?

I know this isn't addressed to me but in my case, the so-called recipient
was definitely not in my address book. Whether I was in his I don't know.

I've come across two types of email using my forged address

1) generation of spam/virus purporting to come from me, but actually
coming from someone else entirely

2) taking advantage of the prevalence of 1), emails pretending to have
intercepted a virus infected email from me, and asking me to click on a
link for further details/rid myself of the virus etc. I presume that
clicking on the link delivers the virus.

I ignore/delete all such messages.
--
Kay