Old 03-11-2004, 10:42 PM
Mel

Default Sanseviera Question

First of all, usually I don't have a keen interest in gardening, but my
Mother-in-laws Tongue, without any prompting decided to flower.

I have had the plant for about 4 years, split it several times over the last
12 months but seems to just keep outgrowing anything I put it in. Several of
my friends have commented that they have had a mother-in-laws tongue and
seem fascinated by the flowering - I didn't even realise that they flowered,
but some of the lower buds are now opening and the smell, quite pungent.

I just wondered though, there are lots of 'sticky' droplets of something all
down the flower stem, I could imagine that these would attract bees - but is
this the sole purpose of these droplets, I should imagine any small insect
touching any of these would face a very sticky end?

TIA

Mel