Old 04-11-2004, 12:54 AM
RichToyBox

You can use the media as you say, but better yet would be to incorporate it
into your filter, or if it is sponge type media, squeeze the brown muck into
your tank for your filter to catch. If you put the pond filter matarial in
the tank, I think it would work best if you could assure some water flow
through it. The bacteria need to have the ammonia and nitrites transported
to them.
--
RichToyBox

"KRF" wrote in message
I wasgoing to take
some of the bio media out of the submurgeable filter in my pond and put
in in a media bag in my tank to kick start it. Will this work? I want
to try to minimize the cycle process. I also have some pondzyme.
Should I put that in the tank too?