Old 04-11-2004, 04:54 AM

On Wed, 3 Nov 2004 21:38:58 -0500, "Bill Stock"
wrote:

I just made up my second batch of CO2 and it was a dud. Given the cost of
sugar/yeast/time, I'm seriously considering going bottled. Could someone
give me a heads up on renting vs. buying a cylinder and the best place to
get a regulator/refills. I was lurking over in rec.crafts.brewing and saw
three sources listed, Air-Liquide, Norwood Carbonation and Camcarb. Would
one of these be a likely suspect or is a fire extinguisher refill place
likely to be cheaper? Will a regulator fit a fire extinguisher? What about a
needle valve? Any ideas on cost?

TIA

20lb CO2 bottle = C$170
Regulator and gauges = C$60
Clippard valve c/w addapters C$25

There should be lots of places in TO to get this stuff. Look in yellow
pages under welding suppliers. Refills for the 20 lb. should cost
approx. C$25. Use proper tubing when you get the equipment.

enjoy.

PS