Old 04-11-2004, 07:15 AM
Reka

I dare say flasks would be exempt from that law since they are produced in a
sterile environment, but you would have to ask another Aussie in the group. We
have at least three from Australia: AusDigi, Dave Gillingham and Bolero. Peter
is from Belgium, I am in Italy (though American), Martha from Poland, several
from the UK and Canada, and I know there are other Europeans at least lurking.
Should be more that escape my lousy memory at the moment.
--
Reka

http://www.rolbox.it/hukari/index.html

"Gramma" schrieb im Newsbeitrag

I have only one problem with buying plants and seed from over seas - The
Australian Government don't allow it.
We are not permitted to bring in kind of 'living' material and there are
very heavy fines for doing so. :-(
So we have to be content with 'local' produce. Do other countries have
these restrictions?

We are not even permitted to take plants from the mainland of Australia to
Tasmania, [which is still Australian territory]
although we can do the reverse, nor are we allowed to take fruit between
certain states.

Are there many posters here from Oz, or is everyone mainly from USA?

Gramma

---