Old 01-11-2004, 04:26 PM
Mark Bannister

Nedra wrote:
The irritating thing about NOT top posting is that this is supposed to be a
conversation. I know of no one in a conversation who repeats the people
who've just spoken ... that is idiotic.... to me at least.
I hit delete if the person has not had presence of mind
to edit the previous speakers..... even then Bottom Posting is an irritant -
I don't give a hoot what usenet says.

More and more groups I have noticed seem to be using top posting. I try
to adhere to the group's desires, but find top posting much easier to
deal with and in-line ("inline", "in line" ?) posting for when it makes
sense. Top posting is faster to read if you follow a group consistently.
Bottom posting works better for the occasional user, but I have found
it easy enough to read from bottom to top. I don't know about
newsgroups but 99% of my email replies back and forth are top posted and
I do a lot of work by email with a broad range of companies.

Some folks are quite touchy about it of course.