Old 04-11-2004, 11:21 AM
Stephen Howard

On Thu, 4 Nov 2004 09:00:38 +0000, Kay
wrote:

In article ], Chris ]
writes
Centipedes or millipedes - which are the good guys?

Centipedes

In general, things that run are predators, chasing other creepy
crawlies. Things that are sluggish are prey, busy munching on plants.

But that said, most 'prey' aren't harmful, and do a sterling job of
clearing up rotting leaves and general detritus.

I think too that a few 'pests' shoulder the blame by dint of being the
only culprits left at the scene of the crime.
I've had spuds and carrots peppered with holes which could only have
been made by slugs - and living within these holes were nests of
immature millipedes.

Regards,

www.shwoodwind.co.uk