Old 31-10-2004, 10:08 PM
Henrik Gistvall

I can´t help you with the prunus mume. The quince (Chaenomeles japonica)
on the other hand should be pruned to shape after flowering (shortening
long branches, pruning off unwanted flowering spurs). Here in Sweden I
then let the new shoots grow free during the summer and prune them back
to 2-3 buds in fall.

Henrik Gistvall, Uppsala, Sweden

Claudio Fierro wrote:

Hello
I'm writing from Chile (Southamerika). We have spring time and want to
know when to prune my Flowering quince and Prunus mume? When after
flowering? How much do I have to prune it back? Any help is useful.
Thanks a lot.

Claudio Fierro Neudörfer

+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++

-- The IBC HOME PAGE & FAQ: