Old 04-11-2004, 03:33 PM
Rogan

good comment

Anyone who has been in Seattle or Portland in August knows that there are a
lot of brown and tan lawns in that month - especially anywhere where water
rates are high. However, the September and October rains come just in time
to rescusitate the bluegrass lawns, which are beautifully green all winter
spring and early summer. Living in the even drier part of the pacific
northwest, I can vouch for that fact that many lawns in spokane are much
greener than seattle lawns during august - because so many homes are
constructed with automatic sprinkler systems.....lol Otherwise, ours would
be tan from the first of July to the end of September.
"Tony" wrote in message
om...
We live in the wet PNW. Is there a grass like St. Augustine that will
crowd out weeds that does well in a wet area?