Old 04-11-2004, 06:32 PM
Aaron

I don;t think this is part of the original plant. Upon further
observation it seems to be a fungus of some sort.

Anyone with further ideas.

Aaron

On Tue, 02 Nov 2004 09:28:50 -0600, Monique Reed
wrote:

Did you perhaps have the remains of the anthers?

M. Reed

Aaron wrote:

Tonight I happened to observe a fresh Macintosh apple under a
stereomicroscope looking for any strange wild life. In the area of
the flower and the stem depressions there were many small bright red
hemispherical bodies approx 0.25 millimeter in size. The bodies did
not move.

Here is a picture of the stem showing them. .

http://home.comcast.net/~nghy/mywebp...st/apple02.jpg

Does anyone recognize what I was observing?

Thanks
Aaron
.