Old 04-11-2004, 06:48 PM
Don

On Thu, 4 Nov 2004 02:47:08 +0000, Chris French and Helen Johnson
wrote:

In message , Don
writes
I was mainly concerned with keeping children at bay. I remember, when I
was a lad, my grandfather had a greenhouse and I used to..........well,
we won't go into that.

I think it's better to let them in to nibble some toms or whatever, it's
one of the way's they will get to like the idea of gardening.

I have now finished erecting my greenhouse and find that the catch
holding the door closed is right at the top of the door, well out of
reach of small children, so I don't have a problem after all.
The trouble that I was having with anchoring the GH to the concrete
standing which involved drilling through steel and concrete was solved
by borrowing a SDS drill with an all purpose bit. If the wind blows the
GH away now it will have a number of 3' x 2' concrete slabs attached to
it's bottom.
Thank you for all the good advice I have received from the folk here, it
was much appreciated. If anyone would care to offer advice on what would
be good to start off with, that too would be appreciated. I have a
Parasene Frost Shield 2kW electric heater installed and look forward to
seeing a bit of winter colour in there if that is possible.
At 73 I'm a bit of a late starter, but I'm keen :-)

Don