Old 02-11-2004, 03:34 PM
RainLover

Default Flowering Bamboo Question

I've heard many times that once a grove of bamboo flowers it will die,
but I have a few questions:

1. Do all the Culms die, but the rhizomes shoot new culms up the
following season?

2. if you cut off any flowers when they start, will that save the
grove?

3. if you start off with, say, 4 or 5 different individual plants and
20 years later one flowers, will just that plant (and where ever it
spread) die off or will all the original plants?

Any other information or links to this topic would be appreciated. We
don't have anything flowering now, but we'd hate to put in all the
effort just to have all of a grove DIE one year.

THANKS!

James, Port Orchard, Washington, USA, Earth

www.jameskelseystudios.com