Old 05-11-2004, 02:03 AM
TSP

I have Corona brand loppers, in both anvil and bypass type. I prefer
the bypass as it makes for a much cleaner cut, and usually requires a
lot less force to cut, and eaier to sharpen when needed.

On Fri, 05 Nov 2004 01:03:50 GMT, Mike Prager
§kill-spam§mprager@§alum.§mit.§edu wrote:

===I'm in the market for new loppers. I've had the old ones for
===18 yrs, and my fingers bang together when they close.
===
===Recommendations?
===
===The local hardware store has a nice-looking pair of bypass
===loppers for about $30.00. By mail order, Felco are $65! I
===really like my Felco pruners, but can loppers be worth that?
===
===I have always used bypass pruners (said to damage the wood
===less), but I see some of the heavier loppers are anvil types.
===
===What do folks like?
===
===
===Mike Prager
===Beaufort, NC (on the coast in zone 8a)
===(Remove spam traps from email address to reply.)