Old 02-11-2004, 08:47 PM
Derek Broughton

Ann in Houston wrote:

Why is top posting worse than egregious spelling? I don't mean the
obvious, occasional typo. I mean using the wrong forms of words, or a
complete lack of quick proofreading. Let anyone mention it, and you would
think they had insulted the poster's ethnicity.

It's not worse. But flaming spelling is unfair when you don't know if the
other party really is an ignorant unschooled lout. Anybody should be able
to figure out how to post in a sequentially meaningful manner.

Are there some newsreaders out there
that really make top-posting hard to follow?

All of them. It's just fine to top-post _once_, but when everybody is
posting on top of a sequence of top-posters, it's time for the bit bucket.

[I swore I'd had enough of this thread...]
--
derek