Old 05-11-2004, 05:47 AM
Popcorn Lover

Default Best low-water seed mix for the Denver area?

We live in the Denver area and are moving to a house that has no lawn at
present. I want to plant some grass seed mix over this fall and winter, so
it sprouts by spring, but we DO NOT want Kentucky Bluegrass that requires a
lot of water and mowing.

I've heard of native grasses like Buffalo but there are supposedly pros and
cons to it, like it sprouts up late and dies off early. They say to mix it
with other kinds so that they sprout early and stay later. Ok, what kinds?

We're looking for a lawn that we can water once a week and maybe mow once a
month, and it would still look good? That would be great. Can we do that?

What seed mixes should I look for, for that, which would grow well in
Denver?

Thanks in advance for your help.

--
- Popcorn Lover
If you love popcorn too, there are no popcorn groups on usenet but