Old 05-11-2004, 05:17 PM
George Pontis

Default Planting in clay pots ?

I am interested in try to put some aquarium plants in clay pots. Can someone with
experience offer some details on how to do it and the selection of the pots ? For
example, do we look for pots with holes in the bottom or not ? About how big a pot
for a some typical plants ? What kind of soils ? That kind of thing.

FWIW, the smallest that I found at a local nursery was about 2" high, 2 1/8
diameter at the top tapering down to 1 1/4 at the bottom. No holes. The 10" tall
Amazon Swords at the LFS come in plastic baskets that are a bit larger than this
and the roots are already bulging out looking for more space.

Geo.