Old 06-11-2004, 02:38 AM
Grass roots

Popcorn Lover wrote :

We live in the Denver area and are moving to a house that has no lawn at
present. I want to plant some grass seed mix over this fall and winter,
so it sprouts by spring, but we DO NOT want Kentucky Bluegrass that
requires a lot of water and mowing.

I've heard of native grasses like Buffalo but there are supposedly pros
and cons to it, like it sprouts up late and dies off early. They say to
mix it with other kinds so that they sprout early and stay later. Ok,
what kinds?

We're looking for a lawn that we can water once a week and maybe mow
once a month, and it would still look good? That would be great. Can we
do that?

What seed mixes should I look for, for that, which would grow well in
Denver?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Years ago I read in the paper about something they were calling
"superturf", that was supposed to be like that, but don't know whatever
became of it.

Anyone?

--
Grassroots Activist