Old 06-11-2004, 01:10 AM
tlg

We have several Christmas cactus plants and they seem to like the west
window and will bloom two to three times a year, always right around
Christmas. Don't over water or over fertilize. Good Luck!

Terri

"Richard Sterry" wrote in message ...
"MallowKat" wrote in message
I've had it for several years and it is perfectly healthy. It lives on the
mantelpiece of a south facing lounge. Any ideas anyone?

After some experimenting, we have found the best way is to stick the cactus
outdoors as soon as the last frost of the Spring has gone, and bring it in
again before the first frost of the Autumn. We've tried it in a shady
north-facing spot , but results were poor. The best results by far have
consistently been when it was left out in a pretty warm spot with sun much
of the day, and as soon as we bring it back indoors the flower buds appear
within a few days. We don't bother to water it when it's outside - it just
takes whatever the weather throws at it, rain or shine.

Rick