Old 06-11-2004, 07:18 AM
Gramma

"wendy7" wrote in message
news:c0Mid.93724$kz3.53716@fed1read02...
Would love to see some of your paintings which you could post
at alt.binaries.pictures.orchids
or a URL would be fine here.
--

Thanks Wendy,

If I had any paintings of orchids I could do that, but I haven't finished
any of those yet and at the present rate it will be 6 months before I do.
I've started a couple of flower heads just to get the hang of them but
they are still unfinished.

This incidentally was how my husband became interested in orchids.
I have promised my s-i-law to paint her a 'citrus' coloured orchid for her
new house as a thank you for room and board when we were in the UK. So,
when we saw a local orchid show advertised I decided it would possibly be a
good place to buy a living plant to paint from.
We came away two hours later with my husbands' eyes on stalks plus 3
cymbidiums and 3 dendrobiums, and still no citrus coloured one.

I eventually found my citrus one and have sketched it, but not started
painting yet. As I do Botanical art they are pretty detailed and take some
time but may just post them eventually for in put on how botanically wrong
they might be.

I don't expect you thought you'd learn all that on a Sunday morning [g]

Gramma.